Do you educate, train, or mentor nurse scientists? Want to advance research methods in environmental health? This NIH/NIEHS funded workshop is for you! Applicants who reside in the USA and attend all of the workshop, including the in-person portion in Niagara Falls, New York, are eligible for a full tuition waiver.
EHRI-NCS is a flipped classroom, train-the-trainer and mentorship program
- April 2, 2024 – Begin self-paced pre-recorded didactic material open in the virtual classroom (9, 60 to 90-minute sessions plus bonus in-depth optional material)
- July 2024 – 5 days of real-time workshop. Day 1 (Virtual): tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, July 19, 2024. Days 2-4 (in person in Niagara Falls, New York at the Hyatt Place Niagara Falls conference center): Monday-Wednesday, July 22-24, 2024. Day 5 (Virtual): tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, July 31, 2024.
- July-December, 2024 Individualized Mentorship and Networking
- 2025 and beyond, engage with us for future cohorts
Participants will have a year-long opportunity to learn from:
- Julie Postma, PhD, RN, College of Nursing, Washington State University
- Dr. Barbara Polivka, PhD, RN, FAAN, University of Kansas Medical Center School of Nursing
- Dr. Lisa M. Thompson, PhD, RN, FNP, FAAN, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing and Rollins School of Public Health Department of Environmental Health, Emory University
- Dr. Azita Amiri, PhD, RN, FAAN, College of Nursing, University of Alabama in Huntsville and Bloomberg Fellow in the American Health Initiative at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Dr. Jeannie Rodriguez, PhD, RN, APRN, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University
- Dr. Luz Huntington-Moskos, PhD, RN, CPN, School of Nursing, University of Louisville
- Dr. Kamal Eldeirawi, PhD, RN, FAAN, College of Nursing, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Dr. Katie Huffling, DNP, RN, CNM, FAAN, Alliance of Nurses for Health Environments
- Jessica Castner, PhD, RN-BC, FAEN, FAAN, Castner Incorporated
Please fill out the “Contact” form at https://castnerincorporated.com/ with your questions or comments. Last date to Apply: February 28, 2024
Applicants will be notified of acceptance monthly and no later than by March 20
We are committed to diversity and inclusion for those who are under-represented in US Biomedical, Clinical, Behavioral, and Social Sciences. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national birthplace, disability, or veteran status. Our application includes optional questions to support our accountability to our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This workshop is supported by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under award number R25ES033452 (PI: Castner). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.